Urodynamics has become a frequently performed ancillary procedure in many urology and urogynecology offices. There have been recent changes in the coding for these services which one must master to earn full reimbursements and to avoid claim denials or underpayments. This audio-conference will teach attendees step by step through didactic presentations and urodynamic scenarios the correct and up to date coding.
Tools and Benefits the Presentation will Provide:
Basic and complicated urodynamic coding will be reviewed by the use of clinical examples, modifier use, and "add-on" codes.
Areas covered in the session:
- who can or should perform urodynamics,
- locations where urodynamics can be performed,
- how to code for complete or partial urodynamics,
- how to bill for voiding films with urodynamic studies,
- supervision required for performing urodynamics in the office
- how to bill for voiding bladder pressure studies,
- which urodynamic studies have been combined into one CPT urodynamic code,
- how to bill for urodynamics in the hospital and for patients from skilled nursing facilities.
Who should attend this event?
- Urologists, gynecologists, urogynecologists and any specialty involved with bladder function.
- Coders, billers, and office staff wishing to enhance their knowledge of urodynamic coding will benefit from attending this conference.