- During the course of this webinar, one of the things that will be addressed is how business managers (or compliance officers) should put their HIPAA house all together before the inevitable audits take place. It will likewise discuss theactual changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other necessary updates for 2017.
- Aspects that will likewise be discussed include messaging, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice information and dangerous features as they are connected with IT.
- The main objective is to guarantee everybody is well trained concerning what is allegory and what is reality with this law, there is so much deceptive information everywhere in relation to the do's and don'ts with HIPAA – I need to include clarity for compliance officers
- I will reveal myths versus reality as it identifies with this exceptionally baffling law in light of more than 1000 risk appraisals carried out and also years of involvement in managing specifically with the Office of Civil Rights HIPAA auditors.
- I will likewise address genuine disputed cases I have done where HIPAA is being utilized to validate state cases of carelessness – THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE A GREAT RISK!
- Also, this course will address the greatest risk factor for being prosecuted and also be inspected (these two things have a tendency to go as one)
Why should you attend ?
- You will find this webinar helpful if you have an effective HIPAA consistence program?
- New laws and financing mean expanded the danger for both business associates and secured entities!
- HIPAA Omnibus – Do you have any idea of what included and what you have to do?
- How important is Omnibus for secured entities and business associates?
- Why would it be a good idea for you to be concerned?
- Court cases that are changing the scene of HIPAA and patient's capacity to sue!
- TRIAL ATTORNEYS ARE HIGHLY TREASUEROUS THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!
- It is imperative to comprehend the new changes going ahead at Health and Human Services as it identifies with the implementation of HIPAA for both secured entities and business associates as it identifies with what we have to do as compliance officers. You have to know how to abstain from being debased in terms of the dangers of audit and in addition to being sued by people who have had their PHI illegally reveals because of awful IT or internal administrative practices.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Texting of PHI
- Federal Audit Process
- HIPAA and suing – the way it works
- Risk Assessment
- Best assets
- Portable gadgets
- Updates for 2017
- Requirements of Compliance Officers
- Real life disputed cases
- Business partners and the expanded burden
- Emailing of PHI
Who will benefit :
- Practice Directors
- Any business partners who work with medical hospitals or practices (i.e. billing organizations, translation organizations, IT organizations, voicemail, home health, coders, lawyers, and so on)
- MD's and other medical experts